Jun 20, 2011

fert report - 67%

I got my fertilization report about 30 minutes ago. I was getting so nervous and antsy waiting for the news, especially since I had no idea what to expect at all. I mean, with the retrieval I was already going in with a fair amount of information from my last ultrasound about what to expect. I knew to expect 11 eggs and that anything more would be a bonus and anything less would be a little disappointing. In comparison, the question of how many eggs would be fertilized just felt like a black box! Anyhow, 8/12 of our eggs fertilized, which is better than I was expecting - that is a 67% fertilization rate.

We did a split batch - half ICSI and half left to fertilize naturally. Interestingly, the results were the same between both batchs - 4/6 that were ICSI'd became embryos and 4/6 that were left to fertilize naturally became embryos. We go back in on Wednesday at 10:30am for our transfer. Right now I am just trying to go with the flow and hoping for the best.

12 comments:

  1. Great news! So happy for you. Hope all goes well on Wednesday and you get some to freeze as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Great News. So what do they think the deal with your E2 was?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news - 8 embryos is great! I'm so happy for you!!! Grow, embies, grow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic!! Glad everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news A!!! Hoping for some fabulous blasts for you on Wednesday! We'll be in the dreaded 2WW together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's great news! I'll be thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing news! Mazal Tov! Crossing all fingers and toes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys! As for what the heck was going on with my E2, it is still a mystery. I do plan to ask about it, though. Interestingly, Y is convinced that the last value they gave me was an error and that they were just reading off the previous E2 value because he thinks it's really uncanny it would remain exactly the same...I will ask again when we go in for our transfer (personally I disagree with him - I think it would be pretty hard to make that mistake).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great report, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete