Nov 17, 2012

quiet

I know I have slipped back into my cocoon the last week or so. There is not so much to say about my pregnancy. It is basically a black box until our first ultrasound on Thursday (7 weeks).

The days are passing very slowly and I constantly worry that my symptoms are too mild. But I suppose it boils down to something pretty simple -- either there will be a heartbeat(s) on Thursday or there won't be.

It is a little haunting how this pregnancy came almost exactly a year after my pregnancy with the twins. The two due dates are just 15 days apart. I can't help but be transformed back to last November -- every little detail of where we were, of how my pregnancy with the twins began to unfold.  But it is strangely comforting, too. I feel Naava and Aminadav's presence more strongly now. It is a sweet, bright presence that brings me nostalgia and warmth.


Israel has obviously been weighing heavily on my mind. Seeing on the news what it going on back home and not being there -- it is all very strange. Also, now living outside of Israel and seeing the way (some) of the outside world views the conflict is truly distressing and frightening to me. Those who question the right of Israel to exist and defend herself disturb me greatly.

Here's to a quieter, calmer week for everyone.


11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear no news is good news. It's what I was hoping was behind the quiet.

    Glad we're not there to have our husbands called to miluim. Scary shit. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still thinking of you and hoping things continue well. You deserve some happiness and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs. Fingers crossed for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping for good news on Thursday. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not get a chance to congratulate you yet on your pregnancy! What wonderful news. I would wish you some morning sickness to reassure you, but that sounds mean so I won't. Unless you want it, that is, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it makes you feel any better, I had zero "normal" pregnancy symptoms with my little guy. I wasn't sick or exhausted. I wanted to eat a lot but who knows, maybe that was the placebo effect. And though our guy was born six weeks early, he is now a healthy six month old. Hang in there, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must stay positive. You should read Trying to get Pregnant (and Succeeding) - for more info check out this article in Daily Mail: bit.ly/T6Dq3u

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blog inspires me. i am here from ILCW. I will keep you in my thoughts, i truly believe this journey is all about trust. You seem like a very strong person, i hope you get the results you need to hear right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from ICLW - sending lots of good vibes for a strong hb on tomorrow's u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from ICLW. It is so sad to hear about Israel in the news. For me Israel is the center of most religions and should be defended.

    ReplyDelete